Saturday, October 02, 2004

Projects @ Saturday

What a Saturday; well I must count myself lucky, for there are others like Rachel, Ian and Merrilyn who had Econs test on a Saturday afternoon...

Was late again for Discourse Project discussion; managed to analyse the 2 texts (one of them was JAck & the Beanstalk....). Richmond didnt even remember to wake up till 10+... wrapped up at 12 and collected cheque from Rachel...

Surprisingly, AS6 ground floor was quiet; settled down and waited for the rest to arrive... began to start on Assessment Report for SW3211; wasn't really involved because wasn't in a good position to view my own Laptop screen... finished at around 4+ and I was tasked to wrap up the report, print it and dropped it into the Lecturer's pigeon hole (ok, I volunteered for the last 2 parts, but it would have been me anyway....)

Digression: It feels sad to have too much $$$$$ to spend; it's even disheartening not to have enuff $$$$$... but do the ppl smack right in the middle have the right to moan about their situation? Hearing ppl having dogs ("I wanna bring my dog for a swim to the beach, but later it will dirty my car, cos it has fur and it will wet and dirty the car upholstry... very hard to clean leh..." --> erm how about ppl who are sharing the beach with your beloved poo poo... no offence to dog lovers there, but I still cant quite accept the idea of dogs swimming in the beach...), driving cars ("Oh, the car is my parents'... but actually I can afford to buy a car, but I dont like to drive; I prefer to be driven...."), going shopping (minus the WINDOW), touring Europe and the likes... well, sometimes when I hear such stuff I dunno what to make of it... they seemed so foreign to me, yet I'm not in a situation where I'm so destitute... Am I in a position to say "HEY! Stop Whining! I'm struggling to have enuff to buy lunch at Arts Canteen... you are so capable and rich; go use these 2 to hepl yourself!"... or should i just go with the flow "Yah loh! I dont owe a car or a dog, but i know really hard to clean loh; how i wish i can have a dog and a car bigger than yours... " So how? Isnt it equally bad to be neither here nor there?

Back: After the Reference Page, I was left alone; went to respond to the Discourse Online Forum... Hope Benny take into account my VERY LATE participation.... Then went to library to wrap up the report, found Dr Maliki's Master Thesis and cited some of his quotes, then realised.... *alarm!* that the printing services had closed one hour before... bleah... had to go back school either tml or early Monday to print and submit...

Headache was back by then... single decked 99 didnt help my cause... half way thru the journey, this guy came and literally dropped his butt on the seat beside me... Thanks man... woke up in time to alight, reached home, popped 3 paracetemol and fell asleep in front of the Ch 8 show within 5 mins... felt much better... had dinner...

Signing off........ I hear Sunday's footsteps.......
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment