Saturday, November 03, 2007

Crash! Boom! Bang!

The weekly session went well - seemed like there's quite some breakthrough done. Gonna double-up the effort.

Damn paiseh for the intrusion though.

---------------

Left school early, by Friday's standards - estrogen invasion of the grad room.

Wanted to catch Stardust @ West Mall, but it seemed like everytime something promising was gonna happen, I would always do the worst things, like dig myself a grave and fling myself into it.

Grabbed a coffee instead and headed for home.

---------------

下了车,开始抬起步伐往家走。

在马路交叉口那儿看到了一辆辆准备开往西马的旅行巴士。

在那刹那的一瞬间,真想跑到其中一辆巴士前拦阻它,挟持司机,然后要他把我带到一个远离这冷酷的城市。

去那儿都行,反正就是要暂时摆脱阴影,摆脱失败。。。

最后,双脚还是把我带回家了。

---------------

*Spoilers to the movie Stardust*

"A philosopher once asked: 'Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are human?'...

Pointless, really...

'Do the stars gaze back?'...

Now that's a question..."

In the end, I caught the midnight screening of Stardust @ JP.

Since the Body is unable to escape, might as well let the Mind take flight into the stars.

The enchanting fling that led to an unexpected offspring.

The boy-next-door that wholeheartedly, yet foolishly yearned for the heart of the village beau.

The old guard at the Wall, who is reminiscent of the school jaga in those days.

The naive yet independent evening star, Yvaine, that came crashing from the heavens.

The sinister, power-hungry potential heirs to the throne of Stormhold that died because of their ambitions.

The three witch sisters that lusted after the heart of the fallen star to rejuvenate their youth and magic.

The tough-as-a-cookie-on-the-outside-but-actually-is-a-closet-whoopsie thunder pirate Captain Shakespeare, with his motley crew of seemingly evil but courageous men.

The Babylon Candle that could bring anyone to anywhere instantly when lighted up.

The fantasy of it all.

And the search for the object for the true love that ended up as the search for True Love itself.

Felt light hearted after the show, the first in close to 3 weeks.

At the same time, the heavy-hearted feeling sank in.

Yvaine, Yvaine....

Go catch it. Better still, catch it with your Star, and be immersed in 2 hours of fantasy stardust.



You light the skies, up above me
A star, so bright, you blind me, yeah
Don’t close your eyes
Don’t fade away, don’t fade away...
Oh.....

Yeah you and me we can ride on a star
If you stay with me girl
We can rule the world...
Yeah you and me we can light up the sky
If you stay by my side
We can rule the world...

If walls break down, I will comfort you
If angels cry, oh I’ll be there for you
You've saved my soul
Don’t leave me now, don’t leave me now...
Oh...

Yeah you and me we can ride on a star
If you stay with me girl
We can rule the world...
Yeah you and me, we can light up the sky
If you stay by my side
We can rule the world...

Ooooooooh...

All the stars are coming out tonight
They're lighting up the sky tonight
For you, for you
All the stars are coming out tonight
They’re lighting up the sky tonight
For you, for you

Ooooooooh

Yeah you and me we can ride on a star
If you stay with me girl
We can rule the world
Yeah you and me, we can light up the sky
If you stay by my side
We can rule the world

All the stars are coming out tonight (oooooooh)
They’re lighting up the sky tonight
For you, for you
All the stars are coming out tonight
They're lighting up the sky tonight
For you,for you
All the stars, are coming out tonight
They're lighting up the sky tonight
For you, for you
All the stars, are coming out tonight
They're lighting up the sky tonight
For you,for you...


"Rule the World", Take That

在此停笔。。。。。找到你那颗星星没?。。。。。
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment