Sunday, August 14, 2005

Start: Life of a Fourth Year Honours Student

National Day came and went. Dear topped the day with some extremely yummy-licious baked pasta (NYDC can 靠边站 =D ). We had gone to collect the funpacks near JE library and upon reaching her house, we selected some items that we wanted hehe... The NDP show was alright bah, though by the time the quasi-musical comes on, we were pretty much falling asleep in front of the TV. Being there at the venue itself is certainly a much more "live" experience; however, the process of getting there and back is so much of a squeeze, hassle and messy affair...

The rest of the week was spent attending intro lectures (except Syntax and Research Workshop); ID is proving to be a tough decision. To drop or not to drop? The class size is quite big and Peter Tan isn't exactly the most captivating lecturer. Shall come to a decision by wednesday. On the other hand, I think I will enjoy CDA hehe... I guess I'm more of a sucker for such modules that provoke thoughts and thinking about societal issues, though sometimes I do admit that I'm sort of a sit-on-the-fence person. A little downside though is that I have to "see" more of Norman FAirclough though...

Dear invited me to go along with her frens, Terence and Jennifer to Arena Country Club for some exercises yesterday. Brought rackets for badminton, but we didnt get to use them; instead, Dear and me spent a good 2 hours there on the weight machines and treadmills at the gym, while her frens were out tanning poolside just outside the gym. While there, we caught a bit of the repeat of Project Superstar for the Men. We were discussing who would win the eventual event, and Dear was letting me in that the results had been fixed; Junyang would most probably emerge the winner. Looking at the current situation, Kelvin would surely need something special to win the competition. Just looking at Junyang's scores; he had a normal day and yet he still managed a near-40 score. The results sure look like a dead certainty; its more of the manner in which he will win this coming Friday.

Managed to finish tml's reading for LIP at Dear's house just now, then had dinner at JW market. Came back and did more readings, and now, I'm just preparing myself for Week 2... Oh yah! I still have some more readings from Fairclough for CDA.....

Signing off........... Going to get busy busy.......
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment