Sunday, June 17, 2007

家家有本难念的经

Being peeved on a weekend morning is not exactly a great way to mark the beginning of an end.

Though it didnt last long enough for me, it did drew some responses - and for that few moments while it lasted inside me, it sure ain't nicey nice inner thoughts.

Multiple committments are hard stuff to manage.

Which reminds of something valuable/non-valuable that I've picked up from past relationships - that which is to confirm engagements, social and otherwise, early and not leave them to the last minute.

Took me an eternity to try and grasp the concept. After all, you give up unpredictability and surprise, for stability and conformity. And it doesn't help that you are caught in different camps where individuals have differeing schedules and attitudes.

It was an uncomfortable alliance - it still is. I get peeved when family events are announced last minute, then blame myself for not being at home to be acutely aware of these events until they are too close for comfort.

What to do? Nothing, Everything, or retain one at the expense of the other. And then, the next decision is when/which occcasion.

It's already so difficult to make sense of one's own decisions on events in different points in time. It's a lil' crazy to account for the rest of the world's.

But then, you spare the rod, and spoil the child.....

It's endless...

------------------------

Things you can find in Wikipedia:


"F-15E Strike Eagle

The F-15SG (formerly the F-15T) is a variant of the F-15E, currently ordered by the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) after a seven-year evaluation period involving five other fighter aircraft under consideration. The F-15SG was chosen on 6 September 2005 over the only remaining aircraft still in contention, the Dassault Rafale.

The F-15SG is similar in configuration to the F-15K sold and being delivered to
South Korea, but differs in the addition of the APG-63(V)3 active electronically scanned array radar developed by Raytheon. Pending news on Lockheed Martin’s F-35's progress, the RSAF has placed an order of 12 aircraft with an option for 8 more to replace its A-4SUs. The purchase is part of the New Fighter Replacement Program, worth about US$1 billion and which will be the most expensive single fighter aircraft purchase by the RSAF.

F-15SG will be powered by 2x
General Electric F110-GE-129 29,400 lbf (131 kN) thrust engines.

On
22 August 2005, the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) notified US Congress about a potential Foreign military sales (FMS) of weapons, logistics and training in the event that the Boeing F-15 was selected by Singapore. Since the F-15 purchase has now been confirmed, it can be assumed that Singapore will follow up on this proposed weapons and logistics package, worth a further US$741 million if all options are exercised.
Weapons in this package include:

200 AIM-120C Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (
AMRAAM)
6 AMRAAM Captive Air Training (CAT) Missiles
50 MK-82 GBU-38 Joint Direct Attack Munitions (
JDAM)
44 AN/AVS-9(V) Night Vision Goggles
24
Link 16 Multifunctional Information Distribution System/Low Volume Terminals (Fighter Data Link Terminals)
30 AGM-154A-1 (
JSOW) Joint Standoff Weapons with BLU-11 warheads
30 AGM-154C (
JSOW) Joint Standoff Weapons
200
AIM-9X SIDEWINDER Missiles
24
AIM-9X SIDEWINDER CAT and Dummy Missiles..."

Next buy would be a stealth aircraft then, I guess.

----------------------

Norwegian Recycling does some pretty awesome mashups of songs.

8-become-1 (feat. Blunt's "You Beautiful", U2's "With or without you". Black Eye Peas' "Where is the Love?" a
mongst others)




How 6 songs collide


And there's one done by someone else - Police with Snow Patrol...

Every car you chase


But this song's lyrics shall round up this bricolage of emotions...

I can’t stand to fly
I’m not that naive
I’m just out to find
The better part of me
I’m more than a bird
I’m more than a plane
More than some pretty face beside a train
It’s not easy to be me

Wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
About a home I’ll never see
It may sound absurd
But don’t be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed
But won’t you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
It’s not easy to be me

Up, up and away
Away from me
It’s all right
You can all sleep sound tonight
I’m not crazy
Or anything

I can’t stand to fly
I’m not that naive
Men weren’t meant to ride
With clouds between their knees

I’m only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me
It’s not easy to be me


It's not easy, to be anyone....

Signing off................... 做人不能不正经...............
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment