Sunday, December 09, 2007

Hong Kong - 香港浸会大学,兰桂坊

It was a pretty slow day, with almost no one whom we know at the ARF.

Met Dr. Wee Lian Hee in person for the first time - though it seemed like he looked kinda familiar.He offered to attend our session in the morning and lunch with us after that.

And of course, Prof. (I think) Tony Hung, who had connections with DELL as well.

The talks were quite alright I guess, though there was this one which kinda got blasted by some co-presenter who was, I presume, a professor at another university.

The highlight of the day (for me at least) took place at Lan Kwai Fong (Yes! We finally set foot on HK proper!). We were having dinner and beer at this bar + grill place and catching the Villa-Portsmouth match. We ended up betting on the final score, with the losers picking up the tab. Let's just say I've gotten lucky for once (Thanks Lady Luck - probably the ladies here bring more positive energy lol), and I didnt need to pay for my lamb stew + 2 bottles of beer.

The road sign that says Lan Kwai Fong seems to be a hit with photo-crazy tourists.

Soon, everything will be over and it's back to run-of-the-mill routines.

Gearing up for tomorrow morning - we gonna rock the house down!

And, the New York Cheesecake donuts from Krispy Kreme are the BEST-EST. EVER.

I'm so gonna miss the weather.

Signing off................. Overt Longing for many, Covert Pining for One..............
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment