Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Last Days

Never expected the traffic to hold me up - 45 mins from KR terminal to HBF. In the end, I headed straight back.

Decided to catch
L with my sis, since JP was showing sneaks near midnight and there wasn't a crowd when I checked the booking system earlier on. However I had gotten seats 7 rows from the screen when I stopped over at the box office on the way home.

Perhaps the main certainty is that L will eventually die. Otherwise, being a franchise "spinoff," one can expect deviations of some sorts with respect to the main Death Note series.

Not that it wasn't good. In fact, I think I like L better - of course, the previous Death Note films seemed too remote and un-recallable to me now for a fair comparison. Pathetic memory.

Maybe, just maybe, knowing when oneself is going to die makes one realise the importance of those people and things around oneself. Preferably, this knowledge should be made known like a few weeks before the actual death will occur.

Following Death Note: The Last Name, L uses an English song as the theme song:

...As long as I'm livin'
I'll be waitin'
As long as I'm breathin'
I'll be there
Whenever you call me
I'll be waitin'
Whenever you need me
I'll be there...

~ "I'll be waiting" by Lenny Kravitz ~

And that's it. The weekend silently announces its arrival...

"No matter how gifted you are, you alone cannot change the world..."

Signing off.............. Capisco................
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment