Sunday, September 11, 2005

It's been crazy...

Last weekend was quite happening; brought Dear along for the BT'97 dinner @ Marina South on Saturday. Dear gotta meet most of the gang, and after dinner, we headed to West Coast Mac to chat and relax before heading home. Thanks to Yithan who drove us back =) On Sunday, I went along with Dear and her Mom to City Square; Dear didnt succeed in her quest for footwear, but she got herself some more books to read =) Dear's Mom bought some bread and mooncakes for me too... THANKS to Auntie!!! =)

Bad start to the week; had LIP presentation, but when I was trying to retrive my PPT slides for the presentation, I realised that I had forgotten to email myself a copy of the slides!!!! Had to use my Word handout for the 1 hour plus presentation, which I believed left quite a not-so-nice presentation... plus my ultra serious cough, which manifested itself every other few minutes. And Mr. Fairclough's framework ain't the easiest thing to explain either; I guess it ranked as one of the worst presentations ever... Yasi's Benetton reading was so much more fun to present... Mistake on my part, to choose such a tough reading. Must brace myself for a much better show in term paper... In contrast, thursday's CDA presentation was much better; our meetings for the past few weeks weren't in vain... maybe it's me, that I couldn't carry a presentation all by myself; or maybe I just weren't doing the right thing with Fairclough. Whatever it is, I guess the whole group (Melissa, Linda, Heinz a.k.a Zhongwei and Shaun) did well!!!! =) Though i must say, the beer ad was quite tasteless; well, most beer ads are eh?

Jsut back from Dear's place... we called Pizza Hut delivery for dinner; there's this promotion now, 2 regular pizzas for $20 ($21 incl. GST). Quite filling for the both of us. Watched 寻找周杰伦 on cable; couldn't really catch what the cartoons in between were trying to say... and the last part involving Jay Chou was quite weird also...

Was helping Dear with her online marketing quiz; everything was going more or less alright until near the time limit, when I felt that the answers to a particular question were quite ambiguous. I asled Dear to delay submitting the answers till I checked the textbook; however, I took too long and the time limit was exceeded; the results were not reflected as a result... I was so shocked and guilty; luckily the marks were restored a few days later, if not, I'll hunt down the lecturer... The online quiz system was also quite weird, in the sense that it doesn't allow students who exceeded the time limit by just mere seconds the credit for most of the questions completed. Hope the technicians would configure the system to accept the answers to the quiz when the time limit is reached, regardless of how many questions are done...

It's already the end of week 5, and the next stage of the semester gotta be the various term papers and tests, on top of the readings every week; workload was double of that of last sem!!! And me have 6 modules!!! Its going to be even more crazy for the next 2 months!!!!

Signing off....... will try to update as often as I can.......
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment