Saturday, July 22, 2006

遍体鳞伤

More on the title later. Abit of Photo-blogging first.

The aftermath of the soya bean spill mentioned previously was pictorially documented by one helpful photographer...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My portion of the 烧饼 and 萝卜丝饼 had been left "swimming" in soya bean prior to this shot; devoured them down before they became soggy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The floor flooded with soya bean

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Helpful photographer's denims (RHS of photograph; my shorts are on LHS) weren't spared. Sorry....


And a serious/pissed-off me, depending on how you look at it:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So "kiam pa" hor?

-------------------------------------------

Some photos of Friday's Esplanade outdoor performance by Trent:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was just on the perimeter of the outdoor stage during the first set...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wised up and sat near the stage - CBD as the background

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Trent started the second set...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Closer view...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Even closer...


A familiar couple walked in and set in front of me...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Look at the bottom - awwww so SWEET.....

Speaking of photos, there's a nice series of photos exhibited at the Esplanade Underpass towards City Hall MRT station, close to the Esplanade underground carpark, as well as the inkway between Citylink and the Esplanade underpass. Very interesting, very moving stills. Go check it out.

-------------------------------------------

It was a vigorous Saturday afternoon.

Met up with Kumar, Shimin, Daniel et al and the band teacher-in-charge to discuss about the alumni band thingy. Sounds like alot of work to be done. And i was voted in as comm member in absentia when they met last time!

After that, it was soccer @ Limbang Park (how come sounds like Linkin Park...). In my haste, I had forgotten to bring shoes or a change of clothes when I left the house. Ended up playing barefoot on a hardcourt; nonetheless, we had a great afternoon of kicks, even though it was just 3-on-3 on a basketball court. More space for everyone to maneuvere, translated into a more open and attacking game. Post-game activities was dinner @ Alif smelling like fish gone bad.

And this is when the title came about:

(WARNING! The images that you are about to see might cause slight discomfort to yourself; my apologies...)

You ready?

Sure?

Here it goes...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
遍...
(blood trace beneath the toe nails - right leg)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
体...
(Wound on the left leg)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
鳞...
(Knock-bruise on the left knee)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
伤!
(Double-whammy knock bruises on the right knee)

Shimin was saying that I played a very physical game - probably that cost me in terms of the "battle honours" that I had gotten. Ali even gotten a kick in the tummy (I think - I felt my leg hit something soft) by me after I attempted a 180 degrees about-turn and a waist-level kick to clear the ball off the line.

Wished I had been so combative academically. Hah.

Anyways, the wounds made showering an extremely painful experience. My legs are still trembling from the excruciating sensations of water splashing on the wounds. Shall dread hitting the showers for the next few days....

Signing off............. Goodbye to my crowning glory..........
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment