Thursday, July 06, 2006

The End is The Beginning is The End

Germany crashed out. Italy sneaked in.

There are only Ultimate Winners and Ultimate Losers.

------------------------------------------

After the semi-final, I headed for my bed.

Laid there for 2 minutes, before coming up again.

Picked up the pair of running shoes and headed out of the house for a morning run.

------------------------------------------

Lasted for approx. 2km before stopping for a breather.

Continued on towards JP...

Then I saw a familiar figure running ahead of me. I followed. Could it be...

I had gotten closer. The long, tied-up hair that swung with every step was really familiar.

But the closer I got, the more I felt my hunch was wrong.

And then I saw her t-shirt that probably falsified my intuitions once and for all.

It wasn't her, one of my JC classmates; it shouldn't be anyway.

I turned the other direction at the road junction and headed towards where I had come from.

I could already feel some sort of reflux, but there was nothing to vomit.

------------------------------------------

While I was jogging, I had Class95's Morning Express playing in my Neeon.

There was a point in time where the show was my companion on the hour-long bus ride to morning class. Then, gradually, there was the feeling that the humour was getting stale/corny/edgy...

And that feeling came back with some joke about bra sizes and the various factions of a certain religion; first reaction after the joke was to cringe and then subsequently, shake my head...

If not for the song that would be coming up next, I would have just switched stations...

------------------------------------------

...nothing's fine
I'm torn
I'm all out of faith
this is how I feel
I'm cold and I am shamed
lying naked on the floor
illusion never changed
into something real
I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn
you're a little late
I'm already torn...


...There's something about you now
I can't quite figure out
Everything she does is beautiful
Everything she does is right
Cause it's you and me and all of the people
with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you
and me and all of the people
with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why,
I can't keep my eyes off of you...


...I don't care what you might think about me
You'll get by without me if you want
I could be the one to take you home
Baby we could rock the night alone
If we never get down it wouldn't be a let down
But sugar don't forgetin' what you already know
I could be the one to turn you out
We could be the talk across the town
Don't judge it by the color, confuse it for another
You might regret what you let slip away
like the geek in the pink...


------------------------------------------

Ended up sleeping at 7+ and waking up at 230pm.

In the evening, I was at CFA with the lorry to transport the stuff over for the morning's Commencement performance.

Hmmmm, I think I'm the very few of the graduating peeps who are playing at the Commencement; there's only one other person as far as I know who's graduating in a few days' time and is involved later.

Made two trips, eveything was done pretty fast, even though we seemed a bit short-handed.

One thing though; personally, I feel that the colour scheme for this Commencement is quite weird - can't really appreciate it and can't see where the designer is coming from.

After moving, it was mini-supper with Jenn @ Breko. Nothing much has changed, but the menu seems to have changed for the better. Had a strawberry yoghurt plus a chicken waldorf salad.

Drove down to Labrador for some breeze, which was pretty non-existent. We got frightened by the awesomely-lit and huge Superstar Virgo as it silently emerged from one corner of the park into the sea with a smoking chimney at around midnight. Gave me the impression of a ghost/phantom ship like those in movies, sighted at late foggy nights.

Before we left, we went to check out The Olive Ristorant at the other end of the park, and then drove by to take a quick peep at the establishments at Rochester Park. There's a bistro bar, as well as a restaurant with a large outdoor projector screen. Worth checking it out - of course, when I have the moolah...

Ok, Portugal-France is starting. Viva La France!

Signing off.............. Thanks to Ben, who'll be coming over to drive me to school.........
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment