Saturday, July 29, 2006

Revival of the BP spirit in me...

Hmmmm, I agree - the title sounds so cringy haha...... but it summed up the contents of this post.....

Some time ago, I received an email - a New Friend Request from Friendster.

From an account named BPGHS nineseven.

Went to take a peek at the profile:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I is the one on the extreme left of the pic, head partially hidden by the person in front of me. (TDQ!!!!)

I added the request immediately, grabbed the photo and spent the next hour browsing through the other friends of BPGHS nineseven - saw some faces that I had a hard time recognising, some others that I had not seen/talked to/contacted for a pretty long time, some whom I had recognised on the streets/in school/somewhere else before but didn't say hi - mainly because I was probably not well-known amongst those whom I hardly know, and I figured it would be weird if one party remembered whom the other was and the other did not. This might give others an impression of a highly unfriendly and unsocìable ex-BPian though, but I've been under the impression that I know more faces and names than they know me, so, pardon me if I seem to have ignore your attempts to make any form of contact... paiseh paiseh...

Anyway, because of that, my Friendster account seemed to be revived.

-----------------------------------------------

Went for NTU-SCE Convocation Ceremony in the morning on Friday; met up with Weixian, a gal (whom later, I realised, was the girlfriend of another ex-classmate), and two of their friends inside NTU.

Main reason there was to catch Hanyang - our First Class SCE graduate! =D

Once we reached the auditorium, it became a mini ex-BPian gathering of sorts.

Francis, Biqi, Qingyuan, Ziping (our Mr. Bean hehe), Sae Kiat... suddenly time seemed to have backtracked by itself, to the days of 103-208, as though we have just finished class and going for our daily dosage of soccer. Yet it's a little different; I can feel that I'm not exactly who I had been, who the others had been, 13 years ago. We were not in CCK Ave 4, but rather in Nanyang Auditorium. We were not chatting about our homework and teachers; we were asking each other what our next step would be, catching up with one another on recent events (or is it just me? After all, I think I've been out of touch with almost everyone for too long a time...)...

And, to think the world is so small, so much of a coincidence:

- Elvin, my BMT section mate and SISPEC-BSLC buddy, actually knew Hanyang and the rest!

- Hongguo, my JC classmate, also knew Francis and Hanyang (ok this one not so surprising, after all, since all of us were JJC-ians as well)

- Saw some other people whom I didn't realise were SCE graduates until then; Zhiying, Justin, Suqiang (from 40), and... erm, can't really remember le....

Two Commencement ceremonies this year and I didnt get to taste even a crumble of the food; one NTU Convocation Ceremony later, I had made 3-4 trips to the buffet table to get food and drinks for myself and Hanyang's parents. Oh, I couldn't compare the food with NUS, but there was quite a number of snacks, and the mango mousse cake was heavenly!

Of course, I tried to make myself useful - took some photos for Hanyang, and then spent much of the post-ceremony time helping Francis take photos - his camera is those pro-type man... but its kinda heavy too haha...

More ex-BPians came; Yihuang, and some other ex-BPians like Junming (should be ah...)...

More photo-taking - it seemed that the SCE lecturers were as equal as the graduates in posing for the cameras haha! They took the initiative to go onto the mini-stage and urged those graduates who had been waiting for their turn at stage-side to come up onto the stage.

Went back early while the guys continued to find a lab for DOTA; it was a day of friendship ties rekindled, the BP spirit revived. I'm glad I was part of all these, that I played a minor role.

Now, I should be getting ready for another sec school gathering! Kinda smelly now...

Signing off............... Gonna miss CSI:Miami next Tues/Wed..........
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment