Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A Year of Many Fragments (Overdued)

Yes, this is pretty late, I admit.

I'm actually pretty amazed at the stuff I'd written over the past year.

2007 hadn't been kind to me, but it hadn't been too hard on me either.

Learning to learn, learning to appreciate other art forms (mostly theatre and cinema heh), learning to (fall in, and then fall out of) love, learning to accept, learning to decline, learning to embrace, learning to admit, learning to look at the sparks instead of the flaws, learning to be less of a nuisance, learning to hold on to the sweets and let go of the bitters, learning to value the presence AND absence of those around me, learning to accept reasonings (no matter how ridiculous/untrue/unacceptable they might seem to me).....

and yet, still learning...

Life's lessons, constantly revisited.

Can't say a year can make one a better person (after all, one has no jurisdiction over the self's character), but I guess I can say I've grown (against my wishes perhaps?)...

Every moment is, and can be, defining.

Cheers then, to more defining moments ahead (and to those past)...

Signing off............. Afterthought: Some things just find their way for themselves to linger around you, even if you think you have let go..............
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment